Learn how to make Gulab Jamun, a popular Indian Sweet Dessert – Gulab Jamun seivathu eppadi Indian Sweet. Gulab jamun is a dessert, often eaten at festivals or major celebrations.There are various types of gulab jamun and every variety has a distinct taste and appearance. Learn how to make this simple and easy to make quick homemade recipe.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 250 gms Mawa
- 1 cup Paneer / Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- Crystallized Sugar
- Cardamom Seeds
- – In a pan add water and sugar to make the sugar syrup.
- – On reaching the right consistency take it off the flame.
- – Heat ghee in a pan
- – Meanwhile mix together mawa, paneer, flour and a make a dough
- – Take small medium sized portion of the dough and make small balls out of the portions
- – Flatten the center, put crystallized sugar, cardamom Seeds, saffron in the center, close it to make a smooth round balls.
- – Lower the heat when the ghee comes to a smoking point, fry the gulab jamuns in low heat till it gets brown in color.
- – Once fried put the gulab jamuns in sugar syrup and pour some syrup on top to soak them completely in the sweet syrup.