Samosa – Punjabi Snack Recipe by Ruchi Bharani – Vegetarian
Samosa – Punjabi Snack Recipe by Ruchi Bharani – Vegetarian [HD]
2 potatoes boiled and chopped
1 cup boiled green peas
1 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee)
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1 teaspoon ginger chilli paste
salt to taste
/>1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
1/2 teaspoon raw mango powder (amchur powder)
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
1 and 1/2 tablespoons semolina (rava)
1 cup plain flour (maida)
– Heat 1 tbsp. clarified butter (ghee) in a round bottom pan. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and ginger chilli paste. Add chopped potatoes. Add green peas and mix well. Mash the mixture a little bit.
– Add coriander leaves, garam masala, raw mango powder and chaat masala. Mix it well. Add salt as per taste.
– Turn off the flame and keep the filling aside for cooling.
– Heat ghee in a round bottom pan.
– In a bowl, add a cup of plain flour. Add semolina, salt and 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of hot ghee. Add some water in the flour making a well.
– Mix the flour well and knead a medium consistency dough. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
– With the help of a rolling pin and a rolling board or any other flat surface, roll out thin, round rotis out of the small pieces of the dough.
– Cut the roti into half and fold the semi-circles making a cone. Fill up the cones with the mixture.
– Make sure you keep some space at the top of the cone so that the edges of the cone can stick properly.
– Apply a little bit of water to the edges and stick them well.
– At the joint, form a pleat making a fold. The samosas are ready to fry.
– Samosas need to be double fried in order to get the crunchiness. Half fry them first and then fry them again.