Bhel Puri – Spicy Puffed Rice Salad – Vegetarian Snack
In this episode, chef Ruchi Bharani makes one of the most popular and widely available Indian Snack, Bhel Puri. Bhel Puri is a savoury Indian snack, and is also a type of chaat or salad. It is made out of puffed rice, vegetables and a tangy and spicy sauces.
3 Cups Puffed Rice
2 Chopped Boiled Potatoes
1 Tomato deseeded & chopped
1 Finely chopped Onions
Raw Mango Finely Chopped (optional)
Red Chilli Powder
Date & Tamarind Chutney
Coriander Mint Chutney
– On a heated pan roast the puffed rice for about 2 minutes until nice and crunchy.
– take out the puffed rice in a bowl.
– Put sev, crushed puris, chopped Onions, chopped potatoes, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, salt to taste, lime juice, coriander mint chutney, date & tamarind chutney and mix everything well.
– Add the chutney enough to coat the puffed rice well.
– Plate it and garnish it with some more sev, puris, chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves, raw mangoes & few drops on lime juice.
– The Bhel is ready to be served with puris.