Aloo Tikki – Spicy Fried Potato Patties With Yogurt Dip – Quick Snacks Recipe
Chaat recipes makes a great party appetizer snacks. Aloo Tikki Chaat is one amongst many other chaat recipes like pani puri, chinese bhel, sandwiches, bhel puri, pakoda etc. This is a sweet, tangy and spicy recipe and definitely a great anytime snacks recipe. Chef Ruchi Bharani teaches you how to make this simple and easy to make quick homemade chaat / snacks recipe.
1 finely chopped small onion
1/2 finely chopped capsicum
1/2 cup finely chopped french beans
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup boiled green peas
2 slices of Bread
2 boiled and mashed potatoes
1/2 tsp raw mango powder (aamchur)
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp ginger chilli paste
1 & 1/2 tbsp gram flour
2 slices of breadcrumbs
chilled churned yogurt
date and tamarind chutney
coriander mint chutney
cumin seed powder
red chilli powder
gram dal sev
– Heat oil, add onions, capsicum, green peas, french beans, carrots to and saute and quickly stir fry the vegetables
– Take the vegetables off the flame and let it cool
– Soak bread crust in water and take it out and squeeze out all the water from it.
– Add soaked bread, mashed potatoes, salt, raw mango powder, garam masala, ginger chilli paste, coriander leaves to the vegetables and mix everything well.
– Apply oil to the board and hands, place the heart shaped molds on the board and place a portion of the potato mix in it in the level of the mold
– Mix gram flour with water to make a thin pouring consistency batter leaving no lumps in it.
– Dip the potato tikki in th gram flour batter and apply breadcrumbs to it.
– Deep fry the aloo tikki in medium hot flame till the tikkis are nice golden brown in colour.
– Place the tikkis in a plate and apply churned yogurt, date and tamarind chutney, coriander mint chutney, cumin seed powder, pinch of salt, red chilli powder, sev from top and the aloo tikki are ready to be served